MedExpress Urgent Care Independent Physician Assistant, Urgent Care Specialist in Downers Grove, Israel
General Position Summary
Provides outstanding patient care and promotes high quality primary and urgent care services while always ensuring the MedExpress vision and values.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- All medically related functions performed by a Physician Assistant are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
- Responsible for the exceptional treatment and communication of care options to every MedExpress patient.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of the latest changes, updates, and literature relating to medical care.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical charts.
- After consultation with the AP Program Medical Director, oversees patient issues and concerns which may include but are not limited to patient medical care.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including assessments, physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses and treatment. Works in collaboration with designated Physician(s).
- Orders diagnostic tests, including but not limited to: x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests and with direct medical oversight, interprets the test results for deviation from normal.
- Performs procedures, including but not limited to: I&D;, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. May be required to supervise ancillary staff.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care options as appropriate.
- Communicates with patients regarding test results and appropriate clinical information as care necessitates,
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
Works autonomously, but maintains close working relationships with physicians, other advanced practitioners, and other center staff as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications
- A Master's degree and certification by one of the Physician Assistant certifying bodies is required.
- Must be certified in CPR, ACLS and PALS.
- Must meet credentialing requirements, including licensure, boards and current DEA.
- Must meet state requirements for independent practice.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Physician Assistant, 3 years preferred.
- Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, retail care, primary care and/or ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Pleasant interpersonal demeanor and ability to work with all levels of associates and leadership.
- Exceptional leadership, mediation abilities and multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
- Working knowledge of:
- Emergency, urgent care, and occupational medicine fields.
- HIPAA, OSHA, HR and billing/coding requirements.
- State and federal laws governing medical services.
- Working with Accreditation Bodies.
- Required to maintain CME hours as indicated for maintaining individual licensure.
- Ability to learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data and statistical information in order to consistently prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials. Critical thinking skills a must.
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per State practice requirements); ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
About the Organization MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexibility and balance
Appreciation and recognition
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
EOE Statement MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Title: Independent Physician Assistant, Urgent Care Specialist
Category: Healthcare - Provider
Location: MedExpress - Downers Grove, 75th St