Microsoft Corporation Senior Researcher - Cortana in Herzelia, Israel
We ship Cortana - Microsoft’s personal assistant!
Our research team develops algorithms for personalizing Cortana and building a comprehensive user understanding in various domains, which empower Cortana to assist millions of users around the world at the right time and context.
If you are passionate about users, interested in the surrounding business environment, and experienced in machine learning, data mining, big data, and statistics, this is the right place for you
We are looking for a researcher with the following skills and experience:
• Strong mathematical background
• Strong analytical abilities and an “aptitude for big data”
• Being able to tackle vaguely formulated problems while understanding the underlying business notion
• Balance between individual work and team-work and can quickly understand and pick up new technologies & applications
• Balance creativity and innovation with delivering results
• Ph.D / M.Sc in Computer Sciences / Mathematics / Bioinformatics / Statistics or equivalent
• Algorithm development experience - at least 3 years of hands-on experience in definition, design and implementation of algorithms
• Experience in data mining / machine learning is an advantage
• Experience in NLP or text analytics is an advantage
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We greatly encourage and welcome qualified candidates who happen to have disabilities to apply for jobs in our company.
All FTE positions will be required to pass the Microsoft background check upon hire. Research