VMware DevOps engineer in Herzliya, Israel
The CSP R&D group charter is to provide VMware’s customers the ability to consume and develop services running on the public cloud whilst providing a large set of out-of-the-box capabilities to help service developers to focus at what they do best.
This is an exciting area to work in with multiple domain expertise and a fast-paced work culture.
If understanding what value can cloud bring to the customers and what SaaS is all about, motivates you, and you are thrilled with delivering on a daily basis then this job is for you.
As part of the VMware CSP R&D group, you will work within a small and elite team, a startup like group within VMware. As a member of the team you will master the entire application life-cycle including application architecture and application deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
• Design and support of product release pipeline from development to production
• Continous improvement of DevOps processes and tools using a wide variety of open source technologies
• Implement automation processes, tools and tests which will allow to reduce release cadence
• Integrate release cycles of different teams into unified CI/CD process
•Deep knowledge in CI/CD processes
• Strong coding skills Python, Bash, Experience with Go, Groovy, Knowledge in various build tools like gradle, Makefiles, mvn
• Experience with git as source control management and its integration into CI/CD process
• Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent
• Experience with Docker and cluster management tools (Mesos, Swarm, Kubernetes)
• Experience of deployment in Cloud (AWS, Google, Azure)
• Experience with code static analysis tools (SonarQube, PMD, Findbugs) and code coverage tools (Cobertura, Jacoco,)
• Experience with artifacts management tools (Nexus, Artifactory, Bintray
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.