General Electric Embedded security engineer in Herzliya, Israel
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital CyberSecurity is looking for an experienced embedded security engineer. The successful candidate will play an active role towards creating a secure reference platform for IIOT systems, applications and devices. He/She will be well adept in the intricacies and details of embedded, real-time system, mission critical hardware and software systems. Additionally, they will champion the secure product development methodologies including secure SDLC concepts
Security is a top concern/pillar in IIOT and a good candidate not only understands it but also uses their security know-how in furthering it. Essentially you will be a thought leader in building secure Industrial IoT devices and apps. Experience in Industrial Networks, Software and Devices will be an added advantage.
• 5+ years experience in embedded/real-time systems using linux/RTOS.
• Good understanding of computer architecture, especially the hardware components, Software stack and protocols.
• 5+ years experience in security technologies like TXT, TPM, TrustZone etc. This could overlap with experience in embedded systems.
• Good understanding of applied cryptography fundamentals (Encryption, Authentication, Symmetric Cryptography, Asymmetric Cryptography etc)
• Knowledge of Network stacks and technologies.
• Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix and kernel development.
• Hands-on experience writing code in several of shell/scripting-languages/c/c++/java/python etc
• Good understanding of concurrent programming.
• Experience using debuggers/gdb, static-analysis, dynamic-analysis, root-cause-analysis.
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving security within software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest secure software development technologies and infrastructure.
• Work with Cyber Security Leaders and SMEs to understand product requirements & vision
• Translate security requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Perform Threat Modeling and Architecture Risk Analysis on software products.
• Perform Security Code Reviews, Vulnerability Analysis and research on application code.
• Coach and mentor developers to write and implement cryptography (PKI, Code Signing, Stored Secrets etc)
• Work cross functionally to scope schedule and then analyze results from Red Team exercises on software products.
• Guide developers to write secure code and implement secure engineering practices.
• Provide response for security related incidents reported for software products.
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of Secure SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Provide guidance and advise on writing secure code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Understand application security methodologies and frameworks.
• Leverage tailored Secure SDL practice into specific engineering
• Develop security requirements and utilize best practices to meet them
• Research new application security technologies and implement them to improve application security.
• Working with other scrum teams for security-focused design
• Identifying and ensuring resolution of possible technical implications of each release
• Maintaining a backlog of security-related tools that will improve the maintainability and security of our code and the pace of development
• Promotes best practices based on OWASP, MSDL etc.
• BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING OR IN A STEM MAJOR (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, OR MATH) AND/OR A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS OF EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE MINIMUM OF 4 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN DEVELOPING EMBEDDED SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS
• At least 3 years of experience involvement with development team(s) that delivered hardware based services
• A High energy and a result-oriented approach
• Experience with Security Development Lifecycle processes such as Threat Modeling desired
• Contribute to and lead discussions and communications within the team and outside, including customers and other business units
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java/c++ coding principles
• Hands-on Experience with developing web applications (Java, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security).
• Hands-on experience with developing RESTful Java WebServices/MicroServices (Spring Boot) using Oracle MySQL and PostgreSQL.
• Hands-on hardware security assessment experience
• Experience in Pen Testing Harware/Firmware/LowLevel Software and devices.
Locations: Israel; Herzliya
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.