Akamai Technologies, Inc. Senior Performance Dev QA in Herzliya, Israel
Senior Performance Dev QA
Jun 04, 2017 Post Date
008829 Requisition #
About the position:
We are looking for a Performance Testing Engineer to join our Security BigData team, that constantly builds high end threat protection products. As a company, our core mission is to be one of the most reliable and secure carriers of the world's Web traffic. To do so we need to deliver highly engaging & performing products that balance all our users needs and meets our customers quality expectations. The Performance Engineer will write and execute software test plans, procedures, automation and quality frameworks and identify system capacity, SLAs, pin point performance issues and assist re-mediated.
The successful candidate will have a technical background, pay strong attention to detail, take pride in being part of a high-functioning team and be able to work with QA, development, design, and product management to improve the product's quality. We are looking for a team member who has the ability to think outside-the-box, to solve complex problems and will be able to help us drive additional automation where possible.
• Write and execute performance test plans and procedures in order to identify system & software problems and their causes.
• Perform analysis of documented requirements and direct or assist in the design of test plans and procedures (in support of user stories for moderately complex-to-complex software or IT systems).
• Review the documentation for user application system requirements; design, define and document test plans, transform test plans into manual and/or automated test cases and execute those scenarios.
• Create automated performance tools ensuring system capacity, APIs response time and jobs execution resources consumption.
• You will be responsible for the development of test data and/or automated testing scenarios to be used in performing the required tests if applicable
• Monitor issues resolution efforts and tracks successes.
• Implement quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines and procedures
• Collaborate with project team members and customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
• Maintain a big data environment.
• Bachelor's Degree or formal studies in software design and engineering or quality assurance
• 3 years of experience working as a performance engineer.
• Knowledge in performance tools and methods.
• Experience with performance for JAVA components.
• Fast learning skills.
• Java programing capabilities.
• Knowledge in scripting languages (bash / Python )
Big data knowledge (Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Spark, Kafka, etc..)
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.