Mentor Graphics Application Engineer - DFT - 5928 in Herzliya Pituah, Israel
Application Engineer - DFT - 5928
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineer – DFT - 5928
Job Location: Israel – Herzliya
Job Category: Applications Engineering
The role of an Applications Engineer (AE) for Design-for-Test (DFT) in the European Technical Team combines technical depth in circuit design and implementation and contributing to the success of account managers working to increase the deployment of Mentor Graphics’ DFT technologies products in European accounts. In doing so, the candidate must demonstrate strong technical capabilities, a broad knowledge of DFT industry segments and competitors coupled with excellent communications skills and a proven ability to deliver results and on time. An ideal candidate will:
• Apply strong business orientation to focus the team on strategic priorities for DFT business
• Develop the Europe DFT business by taking specific ownership for the DFT market and competitive sections of the European business plan
• Deep understanding of the DFT market and business environment to influence strategic decisions at the European level
Responsibilities will include:
• Contribute toward and execute on pre/post sales account strategy as member of a sales team.
• Understand how to position MGC DFT product/solutions to shape sales strategy
• Effectively communicate Value Proposition of Mentor Graphics' DFT solutions to customers.
• Influence factory or product groups to meet customer's needs and shape DFT product direction.
• Guide technical presentations, demonstrations, evaluations, and benchmarks
• Maintain ongoing positive relationships with customers.
• Work collaboratively with divisional and marketing teams to ensure mutual success.
The AE is expected to manage multiple issues concurrently and be very effective at interacting with customers in order to grow Mentor's business. This position will interface closely with the technical marketing organization and also provide technical feedback to Mentor product development teams pertaining to critical issues and recommended enhancements.
This position is based in Israel (Herzliya) and reports to the “European IC Solutions” Technical Team.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required, Masters degree preferred.
• 3+ years working engineering on digital design
• Broad understanding of Design for Test methodologies and
• Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
• Clear Driver license, Travel is required