MedExpress Urgent Care Traveling Independent Nurse Practitioner in Peoria, Israel
General Position Description:
To provide a broad range of health care services. Maintains close working relationships with physicians and other advanced practitioners to provide and direct high quality urgent care services while always ensuring the MedExpress vision and values. As a Traveling Independent Nurse Practitioner, this role may travel to a predetermined set of centers. To accommodate our Traveling Independent Nurse Practitioners, we offer a robust combination of reduced shift requirements and travel reimbursement.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such regulating bodies.
- Prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public in person and over the telephone.
- Interpret the application of OSHA and HIPAA laws. Maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data and statistical information in order to consistently prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Travel up to 100%.
- Establish working relationships with new providers; perform orientations for new providers.
- Participate in the opening of new clinics.
- Works autonomously, but maintains close working relationships with physicians, other advanced practitioners and other center staff as needed.
- A Master's degree (MSN) and certification by one of the Nurse Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is required.
- Must be certified in CPR, ACLS and PALS.
- Must meet credentialing requirements, including licensure, boards and current DEA.
- Must meet state requirements for independent practice.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Nurse Practitioner, 3 years preferred;
- Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, retail care, primary care and/or ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Pleasant interpersonal demeanor and ability to work with all levels of associates and leadership.
- Exceptional leadership, mediation abilities and multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
- Working knowledge of:
- Emergency, urgent care, and occupational medicine fields.
- HIPAA, OSHA, HR and billing/coding requirements.
- State and federal laws governing medical services.
- Working with Accreditation Bodies.
- Required to maintain CME hours as indicated for maintaining individual licensure.
- Ability to learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data and statistical information in order to consistently prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials. Critical thinking skills a must.
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per State practice requirements); ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
About the Organization MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexibility and balance
Appreciation and recognition
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
EOE Statement MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Title: Traveling Independent Nurse Practitioner
Category: Healthcare - Provider
Location: Peoria, IL (5038 N Big Hollow Rd)