Microsoft Corporation Data Solution Architect in Ra’anana, Israel
A Data Solution Architect (DSA) drives high priority customer initiatives, leveraging Azure data services to solve the biggest and most complex data challenges faced by Microsoft’s enterprise customers. The DSA is a technical, customer facing role, accountable for the end-to-end customer deployment and usage experience for Azure data services. DSAs own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and design discussions with senior executives.
• Interface with Microsoft and partner sales/delivery teams to drive consumption of Azure data and analytics services, including SQL Database, SQL Server on Azure VMs, Document DB, SQL Data Warehouse, HDInsight, Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Data Factory, Event Hubs and Notification Hubs
• Architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions, including technical feasibility and proposal development for Big Data storage, processing and consumption (e.g., development of enterprise Data Lake strategy, heterogeneous data management, Polyglot Persistence, decision support/BI over Data Lake)
• Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios
• Drive the quality of the onboarding plan (with Microsoft Consulting Services or partners)
• Report on progress of customer as business objectives; Ensure plan execution by Partners
• Document and share technical best practices / insights with Engineering teams and the solution architect community
Experiences Required: Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 3+ years of experience with deep understanding in databases and analytics, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Spark), business intelligence (Reporting Services, Power BI), NoSQL, and analytics
• 3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• Experience in SQL DB, DB Lift & Shift to public cloud, designing hybrid cloud solutions and cloud migrations, IOT
• Understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns
• Highly valued: Knowledge of real time/Stream Analytics/Apache Storm
• Highly valued: experience using R; experience with Marketing or Risk analytics solutions for Enterprises
• Highly valued: Proven knowledge & experience of Python
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Prior work experience in a DBA/Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Palantir, Google, IBM, Oracle, SAP, Teradata, Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, Cognizant
• Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• MBA optional
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We greatly encourage and welcome qualified candidates who happen to have disabilities to apply for jobs in our company.
All FTE positions will be required to pass the Microsoft background check upon hire.
Customer facing technology