Google Quantitative Analyst, Data Science in Tel Aviv Yafo, Israel
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google's business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical rigor and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google's practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
As a Quantitative Analyst, you serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help them make better decisions. You weave stories with meaningful insight from data. You make critical recommendations for your fellow Googlers in Engineering and Product Management. As a self-starter, you relish tallying up the numbers one minute and communicating your findings to a team leader the next.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Apply advanced statistical methods and work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine problems, and clearly communicate highly technical results and methods.
- Help plan, launch and analyze growth promotions and experiments in mobile apps (funnel analysis, path analysis, cohorts analysis). Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Develop and automate reports, and iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs. Formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of Google data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed. Guide our project through using Machine Learning, including data structuring and implementation.
- PhD degree in Statistics or Econometrics or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in statistics, working with statistical packages (R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.), and in working with datasets (SQL).
- Experience with measurement, statistics and program evaluation.
- Relevant PhD research or work experience.
- Demonstrated familiarity with both Classical and Bayesian inference.
- Familiarity with experimental design principles.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions. Demonstrated interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends.
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and to learn new techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and critical thinking skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.