Google UX Engineer, Front End, Waze in Tel Aviv Yafo, Israel
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
Waze's software engineers are a small group of people who directly impact the daily lives of millions of drivers worldwide. As a software engineer, you are the architect, designer and coder of your project. In addition, you work closely with the product team to make vision become reality. You are dynamic and able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
At Waze, we leave all egos at the door and concentrate on the job at hand. We value passionate, down to earth, “can do” people who enjoy fine-tuning small details, without losing sight of the big picture. You are the type of person who feels uncomfortable when a day goes by without achieving something impactful. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all else, you take great pride in your work and are inspired and motivated by your role in improving the way millions of people drive worldwide.
The team develops tools and platforms that enable awesome user experience, help users work efficiently and reach data driven decisions.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development problems.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference.
- Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make our products better for our users.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with web standards including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience in software development; in-depth experience developing numerous web-based applications.
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience working in Unix environment.
- Experience in data analysis and/or visualization
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.