General Electric Biomedical Algorithms & Simulations Eng. in Haifa, Israel
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Biomedical Algorithms and Simulations Engineer is responsible of conception, design, execution and optimization of tomographic reconstruction and medical imaging algorithms and simulation tools aimed at providing visual images supporting clinical decision-making.
• Design and development of imaging algorithms and reconstruction tools in MATLAB environment.
• Design and development of imaging simulation tools.
• Work with Applications team to understand user-derived requirements, clinical applications and image quality requirements.
• Work with Physics and System teams to define and optimize system design and understand system constraints.
• Work with SW team to transfer proven and validated algorithms to SW implementation.
• Optimize algorithms to meet performance requirements and use of memory resources.
• Manage and optimize system design parameters that are critical to image quality.
• Manage and optimize image reconstruction parameters that are critical to image quality.
• Define and support EQ in design and execution of system testing plans.
• Assist system engineering in definition and management of system-level error budgets.
• Support field investigations – upon need.
• Data and configuration management and control of generated code.
• Initiate technical reviews of work done.
• Get to know trends and new technologies in MI industry, new technologies, and clinical applications.
• BSc/MSc in engineering/science, of which at least one, in Bio-Medical engineering.
• At least 3 years of work experience.
• Experience in MATLAB development.
• Background in medical imaging / image-processing.
• Experience in C++ - preferred
• Independent by nature
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in medical imaging algorithms development.
• Experience in Machine Learning / Deep Learning techniques.
• Experience in C/C++, Python.
Locations: Israel; Haifa