Google Android UX Engineer, Front End, Waze in Tel Aviv Yafo, Israel
UX Engineers are the synthesis of design and development. They take Google's most innovative product concepts and bring them to life in an effort to push the boundaries of user interface design. Google is known for its design aesthetic and technical know-how. In a UX Engineer job, you'll need both types of skills to develop the next generation of products. You'll partner with Researchers and Designers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and assist with final implementation. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions, animations and pixel-perfect visual designs.
Our Android UX team works on next-generation products across the Android product family at Google. As a member of our team, you will work closely with design, research and engineering groups to translate rough concepts into living, breathing prototypes of flagship Google Android experiences.
The opportunity is going to help define how Waze works, bringing new ideas to the table, making them happen and delivering them to millions of drivers around the world.
You have a mix of Android, Java, and/ or web development skills. You are articulate and opinionated about the design of our products. You feel comfortable working independently and pushing the limits of your skill-sets while living on the edge of mobile technology.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in mobile technologies.
- Advise, collaborate with and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Identify and solve UX problems on emerging technology platforms and devices.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using Android SDK and Android JNI.
- Experience with material design standards and principles.
- Experience developing clean, valid and novel mobile applications.
- Experience with vector and motion graphics including Android Animation Framework or OpenGL.
- Strong visual design sense.
- Expert HTML and CSS skills.
- Fluency in Java and Android SDK. Knowledge of material design standards and principles, including principles of accessibility, and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.