Google Developer Advocate, Cloud Startups in Tel Aviv Yafo, Israel
The Developer Relations organization helps keep us connected to the communities that love technology as much as we do. Our focus is on supporting third party developers who build applications and businesses on Google's platforms. Developer Advocates act as passionate advocates for Google technologies, and are vocal champions for developer interests within Google. This is a position for engineers who love connecting with developers and speaking publicly about cutting-edge technologies on conference panels, at user groups, on blogs and with the press. You also communicate internally with Product Managers. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5, as well as our core G Suite and Ads APIs, are just some of the platforms you promote and support. Your work fosters a community of developers working with Google technologies and helps to drive strategy around Developer Relations.
In this role, you will advocate for developers working with Google technologies, and help startup developers to design solutions using Google Cloud. Your work will foster a community of startup developers working with Google technologies, and will enable startups to get up and running on Google Cloud quickly and efficiently.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Create momentum and drive the success of Google’s products through your interactions with third-party startup developers building applications and businesses on them.
- Participate in technical and design discussions and architecture reviews with technical executives, acting as a strategic partner to speed adoption and to ensure best practices during implementation.
- Advocate for our developer products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, creating videos, writing technical tutorials and through other similar activities.
- Advocate for developers internally and influence Google developer product strategy by working with Product Management, Engineering, PR, Marketing, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working directly with partners or third-party developers, crafting solutions, and providing architecture and design guidance.
- Experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging/writing technical articles with an existing follower base, or contributing to an open source project.
- Experience presenting and advocating for products in the user community through presentations, hackathons, webinars, forums, blogs, and/or social media. Experience working directly with the media and press outlets.
- Demonstrated record as a software developer, architect, technical advocate, consultant, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and to tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the motivation and ability to share technical knowledge and information with others.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.